http://www.google.com/fonts/#ChoosePlace:select/Collection:Pathway+Gothic+One Hippie Go Lucky

Tuesday

I've always felt intimidated by the idea of using art to express myself. Of course everything someone makes expresses something, but I never felt I did it in a profound way. I never created things that came from the darkest or sunniest places of my heart.

Last month, I got the chance to be part of an art exposition. I could share anything I felt was worthy. I knew I wanted it to be something that meant a lot to me.

Two months before the exposition I researched topics that I cared about. And after a couple of days of research I stumbled upon an article that sparked something in me. Right then and there I knew I'd use it to inspire my pictures. I read it over and over again simply to relive the feeling I felt the first time I read it. I exploited that feeling to create the photo series.








I love to let the audience interpretate the pictures for them selves. I will write about the meaning of these pictures in another blog post. x

5 comments:

  1. The image where you stare at us from a gap between 2 people shoulders is really the one that appeal the most to me. Seeing your intense gaze reveal more intent, foreshadowing and energy, while letting the mystery open. I really enjoy your work. The other pictures convey a feeling of abandon, losing control. It's scary and inspiring at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for taking the time to write to me. this made my day. x

      Delete
  2. These photos are so haunting and dark, but so unbelievably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo with the paint on your face is so powerful, I love it! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing. and startling and beautiful and a bit scary, but i think that was part of the message. I really love you painted but so many others as well.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete